At Biddeford Saco Dental Associates, we strive to offer our patients the highest quality of care. With dental technology constantly evolving, we make sure to invest in new equipment that will better treat and educate our patients. Additionally, our dentists attend many courses and seminars throughout the year to stay abreast of all the advances within the dental field.
Here are some of the services we are now offering:
- Intraoral Camera – As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Each room in our office is equipped with an intraoral camera. These cameras allow us to capture digital pictures of teeth and tissue to better explain to our patients what we are seeing.
- Ultrasonic Scalers – Each one of our hygiene rooms contains one of these units. At times, tartar build-up can be very difficult to “scrape” off teeth with traditional hand instruments. An ultrasonic scaler uses electromagnetic forces to create vibations that are so fasts — about 25,000 to 45,000 times per second — that they fall into the ultrasonic range. In fact, the tool’s tip moves so quickly that it must be cooled by a constant stream of liquid, a process called lavage. With its vigorous, repetitive motion, the tip is easily able to break up hardened deposits on the tooth without damaging it. The ultrasonic scaler can rapidly remove tough stains and tartar, meaning less time for the patient in the chair.
- Cerec – The idea of Digital Dentistry has really revolutionized how we operate on a daily basis and Cerec is leading the way. Click here to learn more about this technology.
- Digital X-Rays – There are two significant advantages to digital radiographs. First, the digital sensors are more sensitive than traditional wet films which means less radiation. The other major advantage is that we can see the images instantly without waiting for a development period.
- Panoramic X-Ray – This type of radiograph allows us to view many of the structures in the head and neck region not normally seen on traditional x-rays.
- Digital Charts – We have recently upgraded our system to become virtually paperless. This is now allowing to us to view all of our patient’s records in one secure location. We are now better able to communicate with other offices ensuring continuity of care for our patients. Not to mention, saving some trees!