At Biddeford Saco Dental Associates, we are fortunate to have 5 board-certified dental hygienists. Each of whom have over 10 years of experience in the field. They are skilled, gentle and knowledgeable. They offer a variety of services to ensure optimum oral health for each patient. They also take great pride in educating their patients on oral hygiene.
Do you have a large family? With multiple hygienists, we can easily accomodate a family of 4 or 5 in just one hour!
- Dental Cleaning:Routine Dental cleanings are a vital part of your oral health. Even with diligent home care, plaque and tartar can build up in places that are difficult to clean.
- Scaling and Root Planing: At times, tartar can build up underneath the gum tissue. When this happens, it is virtually impossible to access this area and clean with a toothbrush.
- Anti-microbial agents: Gingivitis or Periodontitis are essentially bacterial infections of the gum tissues that cause damage to the tissue and bone.
- Fluoride: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has proclaimed community water fluoridation as one of 10 great public health achievements of the 20th century.
- Sealants: Sealants are a tooth-colored resin material that bonds into the deep pits and fissures of the back teeth, thus eliminating the niche that bacteria thrive in and preventing the enamel from subsequent breakdown.